Paph King Henry VIII

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's one I got from Jason and Jerry at OL about a year ago. The cross is Warrior x henryanum and it is growing in a 3" pot.
PaphWarriorxhenryanum.jpg

WOW - it certainly does look like a big flower on a small plant!! I've seen another picture of this cross but don't remember the white edged dorsals, quite nice!!

Looks great Ross! That is the third seedling from that cross I have seen in bloom. This cross is from a line of breeding that I have been doing to create "Miniature Bulldog" types.

Robert

By the way I am amazed you already gave it the correct name! I just registered the cross 2 months ago!

Robert

Oh, I just got an idea for a cross you should do. You should cross your Paph Little Trouble to Paph King Henry VIII to continue the line of Teacup Bulldogs! If it takes you can send the seedpod to me and I will sow it up for you.

Robert

unfortunately this is a genetic trait, so if the dorsal reflexes, it probably will keep doing that even if the plant will be more mature. The dorsal of the first seedling of this cross that bloomed, reflexed a little too when the flower matured, but stayed relatively flat for a while.

By the way I like your Paph Little Trouble! Did you make the cross?

Robert

In case you are interested here are pictures of the first seedling that bloomed:

The plant:

PaphWarriorxhenryanum-plant-219.2007.jpg

Close up of the flower:

PaphWarriorxhenryanum-close-219.2007.jpg

Robert

well my memory sucks! I didn't think it had the white edge around the dorsal!

unfortunately this is a genetic trait, so if the dorsal reflexes, it probably will keep doing that even if the plant will be more mature. The dorsal of the first seedling of this cross that bloomed, reflexed a little too when the flower matured, but stayed relatively flat for a while.

By the way I like your Paph Little Trouble! Did you make the cross?

Robert

No, Robert, this cross was made by Wharton Sinkler.

Latest posts

Back