Paph. Kevin Porter (first bloom)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
This is a primary hybrid of micranthum x bellatulum growing happily in s/h in the greenhouse. This is a first bloom seedling that I bought from Vintage Orchids at the POE in S.F. last Feb. It only just opened 3 days ago, so it may still open a bit further. It's 8.5 cm natural spread and 8 cm long right now and may get a smidge larger over the next few days. Not too bad for a first bloom, and I like it:>

KevinPorter.jpg

Exactly for the first budding this very pretty exactly, the pink color of this is very pretty

Yes, no streaking at all. The spike formed during our heatwave when it was 90 plus days in the g.h. so maybe it will bloom out darker in cooler weather.

Nice one, Candace.I bought one in very low bud(couldn't see it) then after months it blasted!Now I have to wait for the emerging new growth to grow up before I have any chance to see a bud or bloom & at my age it had better not be too many years:D

Very nice! I agree with the other comments, yours is really nice compared to the others I have seen. :clap: I think it's worth a shot to bring it to judging? :poke::D

I think it's worth a shot to bring it to judging?
I'll be bringing it with me to my O.S. meeting in a few weeks which is also the AOS judging. It may need another blooming to reach it's full potential, though. I'll have to see if it's still in decent condition and if the mood strikes me:> Regardless if I enter it for judging, I think it's good enough to use for breeding and will do that. But, thanks much!

Latest posts

Back