paph Julius 'Short Bus'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwester

Reaction score
yeah..... :confused:

DSC_0068.jpg

You sick, sick man!...............................and did I say, I love the name? Eric

Eek. Hopefully it won't bloom out like that again. I've also got a mutant in bloom right now that may be genetic. Both flowers bloomed out the same wacky,ugly way. How are the other flowers on it, or is the only one?

the second bloom is looking normal.... this was just cool, no petals at all

Candace said:
Eek. Hopefully it won't bloom out like that again. I've also got a mutant in bloom right now that may be genetic. Both flowers bloomed out the same wacky,ugly way. How are the other flowers on it, or is the only one?

got pictures?

O.K. I'll post the picture tomorrow. You'll regret it, as you're screaming to the heavens blinded for life.

Well, here's my beauty. It's Paph. Harumi 'Don't stare at me like that'. It's a first bloom, but both flowers looked the same...so I'm betting it's genetic.

ugly2.JPG

It never opens, justs cracks ajar a bit and stays that way. If you squish the flower open, you can see, yes it does in fact have petals and a pouch. They're just itty bitty and don't ever expand.
ugly.JPG

Maybe Blake and I should cross these two to create some new monster.

Candace said:
I didn't know that.:mad: Guess it will go in the dumpster.
I'd give it one more chance, since this is a first bloom. It might get better -- I've seen them bloom bad one time, then good the next. And vise-versa.

Back