Paph. Judge Pinocchio x henryanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
I can't take credit for the bloom, since I bought it in flower. This was by far the best flower of the bunch -- biggest, most colorful, best shape.

This is Paph. Judge Pinocchio 'Excess' x henryanum 'Another Double'. This plant has philippinense, glaucophyllum, primulinum, and obviously henryanum.

Plant has a 9" leafspan (tip to tip), flower is 4" across & very faintly scented, with a second bud starting.

K5nacDJ.jpg

YtZxV6B.jpg

I like that a lot! Pleasing proportions and nice bright colours. Henry hybrids frequently have rather washed colours, but this hybrid sees them very well preserved.

Very nice result for a cochlo x henryanum. Please post again if it gets more than one flower at a time.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance. It only held two flowers simultaneously for about 3 days, which is pretty much what I think we'd all expect. I didn't get a chance to photograph it. The second bloom is probably going to drop within the next week.

Nice. Where from? :)

I bought it at Atlantic Orchids, but they are one of the vendors that buy \plants in bloom or bud from various sources rather than growing them out from seedlings so it's not feasible for me to say where it actually came from.

Back