Paph. Johanna Burkhardt 'Monster' AM/SM

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this last Houston show with AOS judging, four plants where brought in for AOS judging from out of state. One was labeled with anitum as one of the parents. The judges flat out turned it down and refused to judge it base on the parent. If this holds true for all judging centers then Ramon used the one parent as adductum or he got away with adductum var. anitum and it was judged. Otherwise, there is NO uniformity in our (USA) judging system!

How did you have it labeled Ramon?

At this last Houston show with AOS judging, four plants where brought in for AOS judging from out of state. One was labeled with anitum as one of the parents. The judges flat out turned it down and refused to judge it base on the parent. If this holds true for all judging centers then Ramon used the one parent as adductum or he got away with adductum var. anitum and it was judged. Otherwise, there is NO uniformity in our (USA) judging system!

How did you have it labeled Ramon?

The original label was just adductum. One should understand that anitum is not recognize as a species and there were adductum var. anitum here in USA before CITIES, it was just not recognize or bloomed. AOS awarded a dark form in 1996 'Candor Ruby' which has a solid colored base dorsal, in 2005, clone 'Jo' was awarded then 'Black Hook' was awarded an AM in 2012. Anitum was described in 1998 and I was asked by Mr. Golamco to take the pictures of the flower parts. Also, is the var. anitum accepted? I don't think so. As for now, they should be all adductum or crosses with it. So, just label them as adductum. Here is the link. http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/kew-146973. Hope this helps.

Ramon:)

Stunning Ramon. Congratulations and well deserved.

Clearly the variety anitum is used in this. So the AOS does not recognise Paphiopedilum Wössner Black Wings? I noticed in Rick's post where there was an awarded anitum x roths it also had the same name as yours.

Yes, AOS follows Kew's checklist here is the link. http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/kew-146980

Ramon:)

I love the contrast; mahogany on lime green. The stance it also really interesting, very wide sepals with petals that start wide and end thin. It looks exactly like those 1800s taxonomic drawings...

photo already being used illegally

Ramon,

I see that your super photo is already being used to sell other plants of this grex!!
Unfortunately this auction is now complete.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orchid-Pa...arden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item2582511968

Falconer1211 has quite a chequered history as an ebay seller in the UK.
There are threads on the UK orchid forum about them.
Maybe not quite in the 'Kai Nadja' league of complete frauds but still quite dodgy.
At least Kai now seems to have disappeared completely,

Regards,

David

I now consider ebay to be the scourge of the Internet. They make it impossible to complain to them about the illegal use of photos to sell plants. Of course, they get a cut from the sale, so it's not in their best interest to stop their members from using superior photos stolen from the Internet to sell their inferior plants. I hope and in fact, believe that eventually someone will start a class action suit against ebay and seek damages for their chronic enabling of thieves and protecting them from prosecution by refusing to reveal their identities. I've tried to find out the names and addresses of people who steal my photos and use them for commercial purposes, which also financially benefits ebay; but, ebay won't release that info. They actively protect the thief and thwart the photo owner's efforts at getting compensation. To me, that makes them more than just the website owners, unable to control what their memember's say or do. Their efforts to protect their thieving members....and earning their cut from sales which were enhanced by the theft, makes them part of the theft and they should pay damages. I'm furious with the way ebay has ignored me the numerous times I've tried to get them to stop a member from using my photos on ebay to sell plants. ebay sucks!

Ebay has a way of letting you file a complaint about such things, but it takes time, and by the time they get to taking down the photo, the auction is over!

Latest posts

Back