Paph. Johanna Burkhardt ‘Anitchka’ AM

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely magnificent. It is hard to believe that didn't get an FCC, especially as the measurements seem good as well.
Don't forget that in the US, most of the WBW ( let's be honest, that's what it is) awards are lumped in with Johanna Burkhardt. That means if it's judged as JB, it's up against the Hilo FCCs, some of which have 6 flowers, 7cm dorsals and NS close to 24cm horizontal AND vertical. So, yes, it's awesome, but it's up against THIS: JBSOM.jpg

True although the Hilo clone looks to be a WBW as well. Hilo is definitely the better clone, especially the petal stance. I guess to be awarded an FCC, the flowers really need to be as good as the most recent FCC clones, if not better.

WBW seems to produce such consistently good flowers, nearly all of them seem to be awardable. So you are right. You need to be very selective when judging this cross.

True although the Hilo clone looks to be a WBW as well. Hilo is definitely the better clone, especially the petal stance. I guess to be awarded an FCC, the flowers really need to be as good as the most recent FCC clones, if not better.

WBW seems to produce such consistently good flowers, nearly all of them seem to be awardable. So you are right. You need to be very selective when judging this cross.
Ah, sorry if I wasn't clear.
I meant that to be judged against the best WBW, it needs to be judged as a JB because most of the best WBW are incorrectly (if you believe as I do that anitum is distinct enough to be a species) entered as JB in the record. In other words, despite being all the same cross, roth x anitum has two different standards in the US, depending upon which name you use to enter it lol. I'm sure savvy judges know to compare it against plants from both "grexes", but it's obvious by some of the WBW awards being given out that not all of them do.

Latest posts

Back