Paph. Jerry Spence

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
Here's an updated photo of my Jerry Spence. The last 2 flowers are almost open. 4 spikes and 16 flowers. It's growing happily in semi-hydro in high light in my g.h. I had to take a photo of it outside as I didn't have a backdrop large enough to get all the flowers. Plus the lighting here is horrible due to almost one full week of rain. Thanks for looking:>
JerrySpence.jpg

That's a real stunner, really lovely and you can be proud of such a well grown plant. :) :)

@Eric - Paph Jerry Spence is Paph Berenice x Paph rothschildianum

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Thanks guys. I'll have it with me on Feb 6th for my orchid society "show-off" table. I'm hoping it still looks good then. The AOS judges will see it there, but I compared measurements and the flowers are a bit smaller than recently awarded. That is if I'm measuring correctly...I'm no expert with the ruler. But most have been awarded with an average of 4 flowers and the most had 10. We'll see if it makes it through the car ride and is in decent shape.

Very, very nice. I like the colour. Cannot only be judged on size?

10% of score on the score card - about 95% to have it pulled to be judged. :wink:

Beautiful job Candace!!! I hope the semi-hydro people pay you for some of the best advertising they could get. :clap:

Wouldn't it at least, be eligible for a cultural award? The smaller flower size shouldn't have a bearing? I'd be THRILLED to have one of my multis look like that a few years down the road!

Beautiful job Candace!!! I hope the semi-hydro people pay you for some of the best advertising they could get.

Ha! I wish! It would be nice to have some money coming in instead of going OUT all the time.

Latest posts

Back