Paph Jerry Buote

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
One of the first Paphs I ever bought and still one of my favourites.

David

Paph Jerry Buote (wolterianum x sukhakulii)

Jerrybuote20092.jpg

PaphJerryBuote2009.jpg

I can see why it is one of your fav's! Spectacular. I've never even heard of wolterianum.

I can see why it is one of your fav's! Spectacular. I've never even heard of wolterianum.

As far as I know, wolterianum is a synonym of appletonianum... however, there are different hybrids registered under both names: x wolterianum = Jerry Buote; x appletonianum = Nisqually... someone to correct me if I am wrong here :)

As far as I know, wolterianum is a synonym of appletonianum... however, there are different hybrids registered under both names: x wolterianum = Jerry Buote; x appletonianum = Nisqually... someone to correct me if I am wrong here :)

Correct, wolterianum is considered a synonym of appletonianum for registration, but some wolterianum hybrids were registered in the past. I presume it is no longer accepted for registration.

This is nicer than any Nisqually I've seen though, so a good argument that the 2 are horticulturally distinct even if prevailing opinion puts them in the same species. With forms this close there will always be divergent views of where to draw the species line.

Latest posts

Back