Paph. Jenna Marie 'Sparkle' AM/AOS B/CSA

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Reaction score
Jenna Marie is a cross of Bright Raven and Keyeshill registered in 1986 by Orchid Royale. Bright Raven has a very undistinguished parentage, and has never been used again in breeding. Keyeshill is of course a fantastic red; maybe if Teresa Hill's got some pictures of her remake of Keyeshill she could post them here. Keyeshill is highly awarded, with some clones solid red and others with spotted dorsals, and Orchids Royale has a number of awarded clones as well. They have fantastic color from the Carl Keyes parent and good size from Churchill. In any event a large number of Jenna Maries are awarded, but this one, 'Sparkle' seems to stand out in the breeding programs of Marriott and Woodstream and in mine. It recieved its CSA award and an HCC/AOS in 1988 on a respectable 13 cm flower with 5.3 cm petals; it's AM award was to an East Coast grower in 2008, with smaller NS but 5.9 cm petals. In any case its point is not for size....it is a breeder for color, great shining beautiful saturated red color. Among other things I have it crossed to a good Mem. Sabrina Mark and hope for depth of color in the offspring. It's certainly proved itself in other people's lines of breeding...

Attachments

• jennamarie_sparkle.jpg
    jennamarie_sparkle.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 86
That could be a very good cross. Do you have a pic of the MSM? I don't really talk about my breeding so much until the cross is out but I have been so impressed with Memoria Sabrina Mark that I have made a sib crossed two of the very best. 'Wow' and 'Spotted Perfection'. The flasks should be close to being ready in the OZ's lab. The picture I just posted of 'Wow' is after it carried a pod recently on a small plant.

k - here's the mem. sabrina mark. i only had my camera after the fact...lol
it's 15.5 NS, PW 5.8...dorsal's too small but i guess alot of them are a little small in the dorsal...so sorry for the terrible pic but i guess you get the idea.

sib crossing is such a good idea.

Attachments

• memsabmark_kate1.jpg
    memsabmark_kate1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 34
Back