Paph Jem's Pregnant Lady

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the form isn't great. The dorsal is all over the place and the petals droop to much (stonei influence I guess). I wonder what this cross could provide over a Harold Koopowitz. It is hard to see stonei adding anything positive.

When I worked do the RHS and was helping out on the orchid committee be ten years or more, I sure in-charm but this hybrid in for an award and I think I got an AM.
It can be a very nice hybrids reminded my ofa dark and mot heavily veined Harold Koopowitz. This one is a lot paler.

That's one of the downsides with these parvi x cory crosses, it seems like it's much more common for the progeny come out looking like a mess than the average intersectional paph hybrid. The hooked lip is a characteristic that I really dislike in these crosses. I can overlook just about any other flaw besides pouch hooks and horns. Being positive and considering that these crosses are often notoriously stingy bloomers, the fact that you managed to get it to flower is a good sign. And if the plant lives, perhaps next time the flowers will improve a little.

Yes, your clone got a bad mix of the gene pool. Not only in flower quality but in plant health as well.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back