Paph. Jade Dragon 'Kevin's Dream'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AquaGem

sgf11.jpg

yeah... the lighting was a little screwed up.. hahaha... not as yellow but a little yellow.

Based on, if the upper part of the staminode is supposed to be white, the base color of the flower is yellow and the veins are green, so the flower should have a somewhat greenish cast.

Are you sure that's Jade Dragon? Shouldn't it be greenish? It looks like Golden Diamond to me but what do I know.

I wouldn't have expected this much yellow and the shape......it could mean the one I have coming into flower might not be this hybrid......big surprise there.

It's a spectacular flower!

hangianum x fairrieanum has not been registered yet but that does not mean it hasn't been made! lol

Are you sure that's Jade Dragon? Shouldn't it be greenish? It looks like Golden Diamond to me but what do I know.

I wouldn't have expected this much yellow and the shape......it could mean the one I have coming into flower might not be this hybrid......big surprise there.

It's a spectacular flower!

hangianum x fairrieanum has not been registered yet but that does not mean it hasn't been made! lol

It's the damn lighting... come to WOC in Nov and you can see the flower in person. It's i spike again and ready to flower for WOC. :D

Ok I will look forward to it.

I am going to the WOC and judging so if it's in flower that will be exciting. Looks like a very big flower for the hybrid.

Ok I will look forward to it.

I am going to the WOC and judging so if it's in flower that will be exciting. Looks like a very big flower for the hybrid.

sgf1.jpg

Just to show you the height of the spike in comparison to the other plants.

Ah ok, not quite as big as I thought.......love that display setup.......very nice indeed.

Back