Paph. Jade Dragon (airing the dirty laundry)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
So, we all have those plants that you nurture for years from a flaskling to a b.s plant. All the while hoping it will be a beauty and when it blooms is disappointing. Not that this one is severly ugly. It wouldn't classify as a frankenorchid in my book, but has some problems. There's a good size dent in the pouch, the flower size is on the smaller side, the color actually looks much better in this photo due to the flash(sorry 'bout that but light right now is hard to come by since it's raining all week here). The color actually is a bit lighter in person and the veining not as pronounced. The dorsal sepal is twisted and not flat and the lateral sepals are asymmetrical. All in all, I've seen much nicer ones of this cross, but it does get a chance at another blooming to see if there are any improvements. Some of you might see a beautiful flower. But I must admit, after 10 years of growing orchids and seeing so many, blooming for me and at shows, it's hard for me to ignore the imperfections I've learned to notice right away. So, on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd personally give this one a 5 or 6.

uglyjadedragon.jpg

You might find some guys camping out on your curb that would take it. I would give the palnt another chance and make them wait.

I undersdtand your disappointment and would probably feel the same but it still deserves another chance...

Yes as the plant gets more growths and brought into bloom in cooler temps you will probably get improvement. Give it another chance.

Latest posts

Back