Paph. jackii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The petals are much wider than typical for sure.
Are these easier to bloom than malipoense? Has (jackii x malipoense) been made? I would assume so but would love to see what they look like.

....... Has (jackii x malipoense) been made? I would assume so but would love to see what they look like.
I've never seen flowers of P. malipoense var. jackii with such harmonic shape and wide petals before ....but at least the staminode says clearly var. jackii. They look really good !

The petals are much wider than typical for sure.
Are these easier to bloom than malipoense? Has (jackii x malipoense) been made? I would assume so but would love to see what they look like.
In my nursery, I think jackii is easier to bloom than malipoense. The development of spike and bud of jackii is more smoothly once it was budding, bud malipoense is slow, and sometimes stopped or even faded. I think malipoense like stable high humidity than jackii.
I did have been made (malipoense x jackii) cross. It came out like malipoense, plant and flower, hard to distinct them. Attached is the flower sample of (jackii x malipoense).

Attachments

• malipoense x jackii green king.JPG
    malipoense x jackii green king.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back