Paph. jackii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
For Mutant as I know she loves these group. :rollhappy:

I am quite unsure about this one if its fully open or not but it has been a very very long wait. As much time as malipoense. Its been 2 months on the slightly open bud stage and almost two weeks at this form so I feel like the dorsal will not tilt up anymore.

It also the first time it bloomed for me. I do like this one despite of the dorsal covering the pouch. Almost looks like a cypripedium in that regard.

Beautiful leaves and quite different from a malipoense especially when you touch and feel the leaves surface.

Paph. jackii by paphioman, on Flickr

Very nice regardless of the dorsal and I agree on the foliage. I just picked up a few from Popow. Hopefully I will get a few flowers by this time next year. Any signs of the damn albums?

:poke:

:rollhappy:

I would say that jackii is quite okay, since it feels more balanced in my eyes (petals, pouch, dorsal), same with delenatii, and most other Parvis actually. It's micrathum with their gigantic toilet...eh...pouches that irks me. But micrathum has great colour instead, while malipoense and its cousin, don't.

But both malis prod some serious buttock when it comes to the foliage. :D

Still nice that you have a blooming plant. I think the flower will improve with a larger stronger plant.

Back