Paph jackii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakkai

Reaction score
Here's my jackii, which has finally opened up enough to get a good look at it. It is the first time bloom on a single growth plant. The inflorescence is 18.5 inches tall, the leaf span is 10 inches.

I really like this one! I'm especially fond of the veining pattern.

I like it too. Sometimes they can look a bit, well, gawky but that's one is lovely. The veining and colour are great and the white staminode only adds to the strong contrast.

How long did the spike take to develop?

That's a great one - I've never been quite convinced about this species, but this one is fantastic. I agree - the veining on the petals is really good!

Dan

Thanks, everyone!

Elena, I noticed this one starting to spike in early November, so its taken just over two months. I am not sure how long the flowers are supposed to last, but I think I am going to cut the spike on this one (since it is still a single growth plant). I really want the plant putting energy into growth.

The petals on this one don't appear to be as wide as some of the other ones posted here, but yes, as Fren says, it is very symmetrical. I think that the darker veining coming together at the center really makes the white staminode stand out more than on those plants with plain green petals.

Rick, as I grow my plants quite cool in the winter, I am careful to keep them on the dry side. But thanks for the warning. I will watch carefully!

Thanks for looking!

Thanks very much! I do have malipoense which I have raised (and am still raising!) from a seedling that I got in a 1.5" pot. Its coming along nicely, but is still a single growth. Leaf span now is about 5 inches. Its grown in the same window at the same temps as the jackii, yes. All of my Paphs and Phrags get watered with rainwater so I don't have any problems with salt buildup, etc. I use Green Jungle fertiliser with every watering, though.

Thanks again everyone! My focus now is to get more growths so that the next flowering can be really spectacular.

Latest posts

Back