Paph insigne sanderae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Faan

The flower opened a few days ago and I am very pleased.

The plant:
DSCF3159PaphinsignesanderaeLK.jpg

The flower:
DSCF3145PaphinsignesanderaeLK.jpg

And both flower and plant:
DSCF3176PaphinsignesanderaeLK.jpg

I think this looks nice. Enjoy it

:clap: :drool: beautiful and variegated!!!!! im so jealous

Not that it is too important, Do you think it is var. sanderianum? var sanderae has some spotting on the dorsal.

Since I am not a taxonomist, I will put a quote of Olaf when he commented on someone else's bloom at another forum.

Your plant looks more like a Paph. insigne forma sanderianum.
forma sanderae has fine brownish spots on the dorsal sepal, sanderianum is a true albine form without any reddish colour.
Here you can find a picture
http://www.orchid.or.jp/ORCHID/people/tanaka/cont/enorchidfriend3.html

Best greetings

Olaf

I'm not sure if you are a member, only members can view threads on SOF. This was the original thread where Olaf posted:
http://www.slipperorchidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8971&highlight=insigne

Maybe Olaf or another expert may give you a more definite answer when they sign in.

Your plant does look like a true albino and that makes it a var. sanderianum I believe. I think your plant is even better than the awarded insigne v. sanderianum
'Gladiator' AM/AOS in that link.

I've been looking for a variegated insigne too (or any other variegated paph)...

It's definitely insigne var. sanderianum which is the rarer version without the spotting. This plant is particularly valuable due to the variegation.

Its definitely sanderianum. Interesting...sanderianum is supposed to be "rarer", yet every "sanderae" I've seen has been sanderianum...any dots, if present in the dorsal, have been green....Take care, Eric

I saw some of these varieties at a show last night when judging. Amazingly they had spots on the dorsal. Hmmmmmm.......I wonder if they were or not.

Is it possible for them to have spots?

Latest posts

Back