Paph info required

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Hi all, wondering if any members had flowered or seen either of the two following Paphs.

#1 David Ott.........roth x supardii What would be called a flowering size plant ???

#2 Veronique Bert.......primulinum x parishii, is flowering size ( 1 huge lead and 3/4 size growth )

I have one seedling of each and I have only found one or two of these on the net and I am wanting to know if these crosses are about and their general qualities are.

Any pics would be great, thanks.

I found a picture of Paph. David Ott and Paph. Veronicque Bert.

Ramon:)

jun1st.jpg

PaphVeroniqueBert1.jpg

WOW, thanks Ramon. The David Ott looks similar to the ones I've seen, would like mine to be as good. The VB is better in this pic that what I've seen coz the pics weren't that great. It will look good with my parishii x Primvaal,
parishiixPrimvaal1.jpg

Here's another David Ott: http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270

I remember seeing a Veronique Bert awhile ago that looked quite similar to the one that Ramon posted, but not as nice, it reminded me of an elongated primulinum var. aureum (or whatever the accepted nomenclature is for that color variety is)...you know what I mean, the yellow kind. The one I saw took after the primulinum's dorsal, and the bloom was on a small plant.

I'm glad you brought this topic up Roy, as I was actually quite randomly looking at parishii crosses earlier this evening (okay it's not so random, I was considering purchasing a parishii x flask). Any how, it's amazing how much the parishii shape dominates just about everything it's crossed, with the exception of moquetianum. I think that my favorite is Umatilla (philippinense x parishii).

It will be interesting to see how your David Ott turn out, there seems to be a lot of variation there.

I'm glad you brought this topic up Roy, as I was actually quite randomly looking at parishii crosses earlier this evening (okay it's not so random, I was considering purchasing a parishii x flask). Any how, it's amazing how much the parishii shape dominates just about everything it's crossed, with the exception of moquetianum. I think that my favorite is Umatilla (philippinense x parishii).

It will be interesting to see how your David Ott turn out, there seems to be a lot of variation there.

Julia, I think parishii has to be crosses with a long paph to get the long petals.
It seems to dominate everything else. I think parishii x's flask are a long term project also.
I tried to buy an Umatilla in flower a few years ago, it was unbelievable. It had the best of both parents, flower count, color, petal length, I didn't get it the grower grabbed it and run off. He for got he had it in this particular area.

Julia, I think parishii has to be crosses with a long paph to get the long petals.
It seems to dominate everything else. I think parishii x's flask are a long term project also.
I tried to buy an Umatilla in flower a few years ago, it was unbelievable. It had the best of both parents, flower count, color, petal length, I didn't get it the grower grabbed it and run off. He for got he had it in this particular area.

Umatilla seems amazing, I can't see why there aren't more around.

Here is another parishii hybrid I love and you all may like it too. I named it after my grandfather

Paph Robinianum 'Mem Richard Marlow' AM/AOS (lowii X parishii)
Robinianum-1.jpg

This pic is from 05. It's in bud now, I'll update with a new pic when it opens

Started looking thru some old pics again and found a pic of a P. Umatilla for Julia. It not the best dorsal but I like the petals coming thru with the twist from the P. philippinense v Roebelinii.
index_001-10.jpg

Paph Robinianum

Slipperking, I really like your Paph Robinianum. I bought a flask of them from Orchid Inn last summer, and the biggest seedling will be ready to pot in a 2" pot by this summer.

Slipperking, I really like your Paph Robinianum. I bought a flask of them from Orchid Inn last summer, and the biggest seedling will be ready to pot in a 2" pot by this summer.

Hey that's great Carol! Sam uses great parents in his crosses so yours should be super. Why don't you post a pic of your little guys?

Rick H.

Latest posts

Back