Paph. Iantha Stage 2018

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paphluvr

Reaction score
Finally managed to get more than one spike per blooming. One double and two single bloom stems. One of the singles was a bit short (the shy one). Overall spread of largest flower is approx. 18.4cm.

Last edited:
its a good cross but so many clones either dont flower or take a long time to flower.

Considering the number of mature growths I find the later part of your statement to be true with this plant. It has only bloomed three times previous to this and all those were just a single spike. I also find it somewhat disappointing that the stem is so short and that I just get one or two flowers/stem, given that rothschildianum is one of the parents. Otherwise, one of my favorite plants in my collection.

Wow great display, I use to have this hybrid wish I still did as its a lovely hybrid, congrats.

its a good cross but so many clones either dont flower or take a long time to flower.
I would like to inject "long time between flowerings" as well.
When Orchid Zone first bloomed out this cross a number of them were 3 flowered. This increase the sells like crazy. The realization set in, the vast majority were reluctant bloomers and sparse on flowers.
I still have 2 or 3 setting around here somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Incredible Don! The fact that you even bloom it is impressive.

Just to show that Paphs can be grown and bloomed under less than optimal conditions this is my growing area where this plant has been grown and bloomed. It's on a bakers rake by a door-wall in my dining area with a south-west exposure. All the windows in my condo with adequate light (too much for Paphs and most anything else for that matter) face south-west and are either in the dining area, the great room, or a bed-room with no space for a rack. I have to provide shade for 3-4 hours in the afternoon and the humidity would be considered by most to be too low.

Did you get this from Porter's? Congrats on getting it to bloom!

Hi, Dot. No, I think I bought it from somebody on E-bay many years ago as a single growth. I've bloomed it twice before but both times with just a single spike. Unfortunately, I always had good intentions of stopping at Porters when I was passing through the Lansing area but never got there before he closed. Lately all my new additions have been through the MOS Palm Sunday Show.

Back