Paph huonglanae syn emersonii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

L I Jane

First blooming on this multi growth plant. Unfortunately the pic doesn't give you a view of the many dark spots in the pouch--you can see them only through the pouch which only gives you the idea.

Paph emersonii v. Hounglanae - No, not rare, just very slow and hard to get bloom away from their native lands! :( Thanks for sharing. Is it fragrant?

I´m pretty sure I´ll never be able to get a flower from an emersonii so I´m really glad to see them in pictures that people like you share with us.

Thank you very much and congrats!!!:clap::clap:

About culture tips--I just treat it like my other paphs basically.However I keep it near the door of greenhouse so gets good light & cooler when door is open but then I haven't bloomed it before ( this plant)I had another many years ago that bloomed 1x but then declined at some point.I bought this one in 2009 & it had a few ( ?) growths. I just watered & prayed a lot. LOL.I was pleasantly surprised when one day I moved a leaf & there was this growth in bud.Hopefully it will keep blooming as there are other growths that are just as big.At my age ,this might be the only time!:)

I love this species, especially how the petals and dorsal almost overwhelm the relatively small lip.

But huonglanae?

That epithet is considered invalid by Kew's plant list, the plant being synonymous with C. emersonii. Then again, Kew can't always be right, I don't always agree with their designations.

So what should I call it-emersonii & forget the huonglanae? I'm really confused.I did buy it as huonglanae but upon reading different things was told that they are identical except sometimes huonglanae had a bigger flower.What's a gal to do?>

Latest posts

Back