Paph Hung Sheng Wild Cat

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayeL

Reaction score
Hi All

A first flowering HS Wild Cat.

I'm very pleased with this one - especially the light coloured lip. I did not wait for it to flatten out completely, so as to not stress the newly acquired plant. Therefore, it was quite hooded as per the profile pic (2nd pic).

However, when I removed the pouch to harvest the pollen, I noticed how stunning the synsepal was (3rd pic). Pity those stripes are not reflected on the dorsal sepal.

Paph HS Wild Cat 1.jpgPaph HS Wild Cat 2.jpgPaph HS Wild Cat 3.jpg

JL

Very nice! Hard to judge the size of the plant though and the scape seems short. Can you give us some sizes, please?

When I took the flower off its natural spread was just over 13cm, and vertically it was about 8cm. I had hoped that if the dorsal had flattened it would have had a better vertical spread. The leaf-span of the plant is currently just shy of 20cm.

The spike was on the short side, I'm guessing that it was probably about 8-10cm as the petals and the leaves were touching. I put that down to the fact that it was first flowering and when imported in January, it did suffer numerous delays.

I'm hoping it will stand well clear of the leaves next year.

JL

Latest posts

Back