Paph Hung Sheng Cape

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love those wide petals. I don't blame you, I would love any that has anitum and stonei in the genes. You bought this in buds?

Love the colors and the wide stance of the petals.
Too bad the dorsal hooding was dominated by the anitum and not the wide flat stonei dorsal.
Be interesting to see how others bloom out in near future.

Wow, that's a lovely one and the colouration is stunning. o.k. the dorsal could be more upright and not so much hooded....but nobody is perfect.

Wow, that's a lovely one and the colouration is stunning. o.k. the dorsal could be more upright and not so much hooded....but nobody is perfect.

Given the parents I would imagine it is pretty rare to find one that isn't hooded at least a bit. I don't mind it, I am not a fan of the breeding mentality of "improving" everything by making it round and flat. If I wanted that I would grow Vanda.

Personally, judging aside, I really like the look of these hoods. Gives them a very sinister and foreboding look. It’s what nature intended to protect the pouch (thus breeding parts) from rains (water) damage, or drowning their pollinators.

Latest posts

Back