Paph. Hung Shen Wild Cat (P. bellatulum x P. anitum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

DrLeslieEe

Addict and Aficionado of Fine Orchids
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice flower. Looks like bellatulum spread the dark veins of the anitum, and as predicted, the shape remained intermediate between the two.

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
That is incredible Jen's. The colour and form are outstanding. Award we quality if you ask me.
Thank you very much, David!, for the encouraging words!
I like it very much myself - and hope nobody will quote my words from the first time here on STC, when a fanatically self-declared 'speciesist'! 😁

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I see that you are slipping into the realm of the hybrids. hehe
I have to say that sure is a wow flower!! I wonder if anitum hybrids are easier to bloom.
I am very close to saying good bye to my last Rolfei (bellatulum x rothschildianum).
I have already said bye bye to a few huge Rolfei that would grow like cabbage but won't ever even spike. Maybe this would be a great alternative.

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I see that you are slipping into the realm of the hybrids. hehe
I have to say that sure is a wow flower!! I wonder if anitum hybrids are easier to bloom.
Thank you for the kind words, Happy!
And right you are, I kind of feel the ground under my feet giving away, as I slowly slide further down that slipper(y) slope! :oops: 😁

emydura

Reaction score
Thank you very much, David!, for the encouraging words!
I like it very much myself - and hope nobody will quote my words from the first time here on STC, when a fanatically self-declared 'speciesist'! 😁
Funny. Yes, I did reflect on those words when I first saw your post. We definitely have corrupted you. 😊

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Jens, this is an outstandingly coloured flower.....if it wasn't a hybrid. Ha,ha 😂

fibre

Reaction score
Lucky you! This combination often leads to a quite ugly outcome. Only a few come out like this! Congrats!
I would be interested to see the flower again when the second bud is opening.