Paph. Hsinying Anita

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gego

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a month long vacation, I was very surprised to see this small plant showing off big dark spike with three dark beautiful flowers. I did not expect this to bloom since this is only four years old from flask. I got it from Orchid Inn, so some of you might have the same hybrid.
Still in a two inch pot (lazy me), this will move into a bigger pot and hoping for a bigger and more showy bloom next time...hoping there will be a next.
20220101_114550.jpg20220101_114747.jpg20220101_114944.jpg

Is it in a plastic pot inside a terracotta one? Is that just for the extra weight now it is flowering or do you grow it like that?

Forgot to say, very nice flowers!

Is it in a plastic pot inside a terracotta one? Is that just for the extra weight now it is flowering or do you grow it like that?

Forgot to say, very nice flowers!
The 2" pot is placed on the clay pot to hold the plant up. Thanks.

After a month long vacation, I was very surprised to see this small plant showing off big dark spike with three dark beautiful flowers. I did not expect this to bloom since this is only four years old from flask. I got it from Orchid Inn, so some of you might have the same hybrid.
Still in a two inch pot (lazy me), this will move into a bigger pot and hoping for a bigger and more showy bloom next time...hoping there will be a next.
View attachment 31485View attachment 31486View attachment 31487
Nicely shaped and sized dorsal! Which parents were used? I just got this cross from Sam and wanted to see what I can potentially expect - he has 2 using different Lady Isabels. Thanks!

An Isabel is crossed to an anitum Madelyn.
Sam’s current Hsinying Anitas are either Lady Isabel ‘Lady in Red’ or ‘Jumbo Lady’ x anitum ‘Ace’. Looks like he does not have your cross anymore. Your plant looks very nice - hopefully these new crosses will also have such a great dorsal shape and size.

like that one for sure...

and especially what looks like a clean room environment you have as a growing space.

;-)

do you 'suit up' before entering?

Sam’s current Hsinying Anitas are either Lady Isabel ‘Lady in Red’ or ‘Jumbo Lady’ x anitum ‘Ace’. Looks like he does not have your cross anymore. Your plant looks very nice - hopefully these new crosses will also have such a great dorsal shape and size.
I have flowered two Lady N Red x Ace and they were both disappointing. I hope you will be luckier.

It's in the basement..so what ever I wear in the house. No footware except slippers.

that's what i would imagine a basement growing space having to be ... otherwise the black mold hazmat guys would end up being best buds...

looks like your approach is working. Congrats.. :)

Latest posts

Back