Paph Hsinying Alien...again

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
This is a cross of Supersuk x Raisin Pie. This bloom is a little smaller than the last one because it fell out of its pot just before it started to spike. It was in S/H before and then I put it in a CHC mix because I didn't have anymore LECA. This plant spiked last may, bloomed in August, the flower died I think in late October and was in spike again in late November, early December. It's a very reliable plant, but it has never put out 2 growths at the same time, which would be nice if it did. The accident also set it back a little, usually a new growth starts as the spike is emerging, but there is still no sign yet. Again, the color isn't right on, but it's close enough...there is a little more green on the dorsal between the striations.

Alien.jpg

Here is the last bloom for comparison

PaphHsinyingAlien3.jpg

When it spikes the next time try cutting the flower off and force it to make new growth. Maybe it will break more then one growth for you.

Heather the truer color is the second picture...I couldn't get a good picture because I don't have the camera we always use...my wife has it in Costa Rica. SlipperKing...I am thinking of cutting off this spike to see what happens...Maybe after the COS show.

-Josh

Latest posts

Back