Paph (Honeycomb Creek x Harvest Time) 'PA' x Alex Szabo '#5'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

johnndc

This is about 4.25 inches across, without having spread the petals (I left them cupped and then measured). It's my best blooming paph yet. Enjoy :)

I like it a lot. If you have a way to do it, get it to a judging. I don't know if it is awardable or not, but it certainly has the first part of the equation going for it (wow! = ~20 points or so... *grin*).

Thanks Rob. Well, I'm not sure there's anywhere to take it around here. I think the DC orchid society does judgings the beginning of the month, in fact last Saturday (when I was still out of town). Is there anywhere else near DC coming up?

very nice, I don't tend to like these, but I might buy one that looked like this

Wow that is shapely and BIG. This gives me hope for the (Honeycomb Creek x A. Bobadilla) seedlings I have that are just starting to size up.

Hey, what's the deal with fedexing cut flowers to be judged? Isn't that one way this can be done? I"m just afraid there are no judgings in my area for another month, and I doubt the bloom will last that long. Is this an option? A sane option? :)

Final update. The flower is still hanging in there, it's been at least 3 weeks (I was out of town when it bloomed), and it's now at 4 and 3/8 inch wide, and I think the form got a lit better, opened up more. Anyway, I like it. Will definitely try to get it judged next time.

Latest posts

Back