Paph Ho Chi Minh

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seems like everyone is blooming these this month.

hochiminh2007.jpg

Yeah, I agree. I've seen at least 10 posted on various forums. Do the petals on yours droop in? Most I've seen do.

Interesting that it has no green on the staminode.

NYEric said:
It never hurts to have lots of beatiful orchids as long as they not stolen from the wild. Nice flower.
The concept of stolen from the wild is not uniformly appreciated as westerners presume.
The vietnameses have a very ancient proverb:
"Phep vua thua le lang"
which is translated as followed:
"The king's law will have to bow down to the village custom"
The central government (sleek peoples in the Capital) has no right to say, or interferre with the peoples' live, livinghood from far corners of the country (they never care about these peoles anyway, If they really do, they would not permit all the logging that take away the tribal peoples' forests).
The nature is what the Creator produces , the natives kill an animal for food, dig a plant for medicine or trade. They did not take it from someone's hut, It is not stealing from anybody (it is unthinkable for anybody without that concept to say that to a native that he steals from nature, he would should you with an arrow)
There is no concept of ownership of nature. Maybe similar to the native American here, They did not realize that the white men wanted to buy Manhattan for a few shiny glass beads, they just thought it is a courtesy gift to ask for residing at the same location.
Now, someone lifted an alba paph from Zypherus Orchids at the GNYOS show. That to them is stealing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back