Paph hirsutissimum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gideon

Two of my hirsutissimum blooming at the moment

Paph hirsutissimum

paphhirsut1.jpg

paphhirsut2.jpg

Here is another one which just opened a few days ago. I really love the colour on it

TRO_hir_1.jpg

I would definitely pick the third one! Great coloration and shape!

thanks, Gideon

The form of the third one is very nice. Especially if the petal presentation stays like that. What's the size of that flower?

NYEric said:
Nice flowers. What part of South Africa are you in? Did you get the snow earlier this year?

Johannesburg, yes we got the only bit of snow that fell in the area, unfortunately so did a large portion of my Phrags

Gideon, those are some great looking hirsuts! This species is getting hard to find in the states... supplanted by esquirolei. I've seen so few hirsutissimum blooms that I doubt I could distinguish between the two :)

- Matt

gore42 said:
Gideon, those are some great looking hirsuts! This species is getting hard to find in the states... supplanted by esquirolei. I've seen so few hirsutissimum blooms that I doubt I could distinguish between the two :)

- Matt

Well, I can't tell the difference, I have asked about the differences plenty of times, without any definitive answers

The second one is my favourite, great colour!!!

But it's a great achievement to flower both. Well done.

I love all of them :drool: , but the colors on that third flower are absolutely magnificant!!!!

Latest posts

Back