Paph. hirsutissimum x Via Virgenes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
Weirdest cross I've run across in a while, but I think it worked. My picture doesn't do it justice. It does indeed have two flowers on the same spike. These flowers are a few months old.

hirsutissimum_x_viavirgenes.jpg

Bought it (retail even...) from Annette (Galaxy) at the saginaw show. If I get around to placing an Orchid Zone order sometime in the next couple weeks I'm going to ask Terry if he has any more. For some reason, Annette is the only one I know who can pry bulldogs out of him wholesale, perhaps I can work a little magic.

littlefrog said:
Bought it (retail even...)For some reason, Annette is the only one I know who can pry bulldogs out of him...
That's a bulldog??? If so, I'll have to change my mind about not liking them.

Via Virgenes is a classic bulldog. I don't know what you call a bulldog crossed back to a species, I guess 'novelty'?

I wouldn't consider it a bulldog anymore because the flower shape is not bulldog style...I would call it a complex hybrid i guess or 'novelty':)

It doesn't really remind me of a bulldog either. Much more charming, and I really like the shape too.
Barb.:D

that's MUCH nicer than I would have guessed based on the parentage. love the colors too.

Latest posts

Back