Paph. hirsutissimum var. esquirolei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dustywoman

Hi, Paph friends. I haven't posted here for a while, mainly because I've had nothing great in bloom, but things are changing for the better! :D

Here is Paph. hirsutissimum var. esquirolii ('A World of Orchids' AM/AOS x 'Limrick' AM/AOS) I bought it almost three years ago from Ratcliffe Orchids, and this is its first blooming. I really like the colors that range from the greens to the purples. Since the photo was taken the petals and dorsal have gotten even more frillier and curlier, which I really like.....

It's been a loooonnnnnggg Winter!

hirsutissimum2.jpg

DSCN9736.jpg

DSCN9739.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Hi Peter,

There are 6 growths, at the least. There may be more, as the growths are very compact and close together. I like it as the size of the plant is not overwhelming and it is an easy keeper.

I really think that Ratcliffe Orchids produced some wonderful Paphs. I miss them!!

Those are very pretty! I too bought some of the same plants from Radcliffe and two of them are in bloom now. I'll post pics so we can compare flowers!

Ten Days Later

These photos were taken today, approximately 10 days later than the first photos. You can get a better idea of the size of the flower from these photos.

DavidH, I'm looking forward to seeing your photos!

Smartie2000, I'm not an expert grower, but this species has not given me a problem. I think they may like cooler temps, though.

DSCN9856.jpg

DSCN9858.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I would love to have one of those as well.

Well done!!!!! A great looking plant and flower.

Sorry for the delay in uploading. Each plant had the exact same looking flower. Mine seem to be much darker in the pouch.

hirutissiumvaresquirolei2email.jpg

Latest posts

Back