Paph hirsutissimum v. esquirolei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! I don't know how you guys do it. I could bulk one up but always notorious for being shy with blooms. What's your story? Freeze it over winter?

I have mine under lights in my basement. High humidity, constant air movement, and temps mostly intermediate. All my paphs are together on two shelves 2,7 meters long, and I can flower a lot of different species there.

Nice. Mine has one flower this time, not as far along as yours. Mine is in the basement, intermediate temp., but not high humidity. I put it out side in May until Sept.The night temp go well below what they do in the basement often down to 10 degrees c.and sometimes down to scary. Mine had to reach a good size clump before it started to flower. Now you could say it flowers constantly, but it takes around 20 weeks from bud ID to bud opening that it doesn't seem like it.
Don

SK, mine I grow with the tigrinums under intermediate night T’s at 16-18C nights (open window 2 feet away) with a slight dry rest (wait 2 days extra to dry) from late Sept-Dec. They usually bud in early November but bloom in Feb, approx 12-15 weeks later. Under T5 lights, 2 feet away.

Latest posts

Back