Paph. hirsutissimum alboviride/album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just opening... will get larger and more petal twisting... color glows like a fresh green alpine meadow. Maybe I'll name him 'Spirit of the Forest.' or 'Fuzzy' lol.

20210212_172038.jpg

The sibling received an FCC/AOS in Chicago in 2018 (Sam's Choice).

More pics to follow when fully open.

Last edited:
DJ, the plant is so cute as well as the flower. Enjoy the moment lol.

The flower will keep expanding with twists and turns. It's a wonder of nature. Please post with updates here if you like.

What is parentage?

Looking good!! Mine still needs time to mature. I will post an update later.

My tag reads Paph hirsutissum f. album 'SVO' x Paph hirsutissum f. album 'Superb'

It is from Sunset Valley.

i look forward to that as there are a few of these in the greenhouse here :)

Leslie, this striking greenish flower in your update photos leaves me back......green with envy and drooling on my keyboard. 👍 👍
Even today, the flower is doing to you what it did to the orchid collectors and growers in the Victorian Era, evoking a highly emotional state of frenzy.

Time is of no consequence to orchids. They have the star power and they know how to control the smart bipeds around them!

Very nice...both of them!
DJ and Dr,
How difficult is their culture?
They grow with spicerianums and henryanums.

Warm to hot summers with cooler (slightly drier but not dried) winters. They can tolerate low temperatures to 10C, although I keep on average 15C winter nights (range 12-18C nights fall and winter). Winter days average 22C.

Likes bright light around 1400 to 1600 fc. Even up to 2000 fc with good ventilation.

Blooms like clockwork February to March.

I'd say they are easy to grow and are pretty strong plants. Clumps well.

Latest posts

Back