Paph Hilo Black Eagle 'Dolly Dagger' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
That's fine, Rick. Congrats 👌 And hopefully this live judging was one of these little steps back to normality

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Thanks Rudolf.
That is the plan for normalcy. The church we use for monthly meetings and judging is still not allowing groups in. Not until they, themselves can group for services. It wouldn't look fair to the congregation if others could meet and them not. So my good friend Don opened his home up for this first live judging and will do so next month if need be. 17 plants submitted with 3 awarded, mine being one of them. In fact, all three awards went to Paphs!

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Yayyyy kudos.

What is meaning of cultivar moniker?

troy

Reaction score
I could see why it was awarded..very nice!!! just think this one as specimen size plant.....multiple spikes....keep this one healthy!!!

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Thank you all. That's what its all about Troy, keeping the green side up and the brown down!
To answer Doc's question, the petals remind me of daggers and I'm into Jimmy Hendrix. Dolly Dagger is one of his song titles.

Duck Slipper

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I am a big Jimi Hendrix fan. Sirius radio played “Dolly Dagger” while I was driving to Southern Mississippi for a turkey hunt. Excellent plant, bloom and name for “HBE” !

Justin

Reaction score
Rick next time you are in town we need to forget the orchids and spend some time with my record collection.

KateL

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Gorgeous plant, Rick!!! I am so over Zoom meetings and no judging.

Latest posts