Paph. Herrmannii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Just1more

Reaction score
I love this one. Grew one to bs, then goofed and let it get sunburned. Now I should try getting another!

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Stephen already mentioned this but it's true......this is one with an excellent colouration .

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Wonderfull flowers!

Are the colours really that intense irl - or does the photography somehow provide a helping hand to nature? If this is how it looks in natural lighting, the colours are really spectacular!

And lastly, a slightly obsessive-compulsive commentary to your title: if you want to stress the possible (debated) hybridic nature of the plant, you would choose: Paph. x hermanii (designating the plant/flower as a natural hybrid). If you want to have it as a species in its own right (which some authors prefer), it would be Paph. hermanii. As written, i.e. Paph. Hermanii, the capital 'H' indicates, that it is a man-made hybrid (which it isn't).

Kind regards, Jens

tenman

Reaction score
Wonderfull flowers!

Are the colours really that intense irl - or does the photography somehow provide a helping hand to nature? If this is how it looks in natural lighting, the colours are really spectacular!

And lastly, a slightly obsessive-compulsive commentary to your title: if you want to stress the possible (debated) hybridic nature of the plant, you would choose: Paph. x hermanii (designating the plant/flower as a natural hybrid). If you want to have it as a species in its own right (which some authors prefer), it would be Paph. hermanii. As written, i.e. Paph. Hermanii, the capital 'H' indicates, that it is a man-made hybrid (which it isn't).

Kind regards, Jens
Thanks, but I am well aware of the naming conventions. And the fact that I'm a bad typist who is also dyslexic. I did not type it with a capital H. Apparently my fingers did. And since it's not a hybrid, "herrmannii" would be correct. I diod notice it after posting, but just won't let me change it.

Latest posts