Paph henryanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
I must have been taken by the beauty of the flower, because I just realized the backdrop is trashed. This is King Kong X Chunky I got from OL a few years ago.

I must have been taken by the beauty of the flower, because I just realized the backdrop is trashed. This is King Kong X Chunky I got from OL a few years ago.

What trash, I didn't see any...either.:p

That flower made me so jelouse. It so happened that Glen Decker was speaking yesterday to our society. I was looking over the plants and was holding a couple to buy and then someone must have changed their mind and layed down a henryanum tha was in flower. It was the only one he brought and I grabbed it. Then when I got home and went looking for my one seedling of henryanum and it looks like that one may be in low sheath. Only time will tell.

Here's an update with both of my henryanums open. The flower on the left is an un-named clone from Andy's. It's a vigorous grower and blooms well, but the shape and color are pretty average. It is big though (9cm span). Chunky X King Kong on the right is 8.5 cm petal span with a 5 cm wide sepal. The taxonomic description of henryanum in Cribb's book has a total span of 5cm and a DS of 3.5 cm. So henryanums have come a long way since they've been in cultivation.

Latest posts

Back