Paph. henryanum (orchid zone breeding)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocarmar

Reaction score
Here is my henryanum ('Candor' x sib 'Viaritz')

2007_0117ernie20003.jpg

Tom

Candor clones are usually Antec breeding.:confused:

This is actually Kitacal breeding from Tetsu I believe. It was grown out by the Orchid Zone since they share good stuff. The Oz cross 'samantha' x 'Terry' is really nice too.

The 'Candor' clone prob was named and owned by antec. I don't know whether the candor clone was from their cross, jungle collected or from someone elses breeding. Maybe Bob can help us out with this one.

The 'Viaritz' is supposedly Jungle collected. This cross tends to be really dark with exceptional form, really thick petals but not as large as the other OZ cross. There have been some crazy clones out of this cross. I have one 'Giant Plasma' I think I posted on here that approached 11 cm ns. So not all are small. Also the clone I have 'cutie pie' which is a pretty nice one. I know of at least 5 exceptional clones out of that cross.

Last edited:
I will post some pics on this thread when I get home. at work now :( lol

Henryanumgiantplasmameasurement-1.jpg

this is the cross in mention. It is very large and full. I am looking for a pic of one with the NS measured, this is just the dorsal

This is 'Giant Plasma'

henryanum11cmns-1.jpg

This is Henryanum 'paphioland', from the 'samantha' x 'terry' . I really love this one and it is huge and pretty dark.

I have crossed these two monsters. Can't wait for the seedlings.

Last edited:
Back