Paph. henryanum 'Heavy Metal'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guldal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this plant as a division from Sam (OI) earlier this year - henry is a species that I love especially!
(click on the photo to take a closer look - and click once more to zoom and see even better)

One of each flower:

NS 7 cm

One flower in a different light:

Plant in toto:

...and the petals seem wider than usual.

The petals have a length of appr. 4 cm (they curve slightly inwards, thus the NS of 7 cm) and their width is 2-2.5 cm (2.5 where broadest)... In my eyes, this give the flower a nice compact and quite balanced look.
But maybe my judgement might be slightly clouded, being the newly, proud and doting parent! :D

Kind regards, Jens

Indeed, this flowers are quite perfect, perfect shape, colouration, stance....solely the clonal name for such a beauty sounds a bit strange at least in in my ears.

Thank you all for your encouraging comments!

...the clonal name for such a beauty sounds a bit strange at least in in my ears.

I can only aggree...in my ears, too, not the most poetic of clonal names! But what do I know - I've had a taste in music as an eighty year old since I was twelve :D

But may be thought up by someone with as deep an affection for Heavy Metal, as we have for orchids?

Next time I communicate with Sam, I'll have to ask him, where the name came from?

K.r. Jens

Latest posts

Back