Paph. henryanum '#6'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lothianjavert

This little guy was a present to my husband a couple of years ago. I bought it at Christmas and hung it on the tree (in bloom) :D It's not award quality, but a real cutie, and one of my favorites! Another small grower and reliable bloomer, this is a species everyone should have!

paphhenryanum6im8.jpg

U may not think it's award quality but it's pretty decent as far as I'm concerned!

Nice photo! My henry is in low spike, too... looking at yours is making me anxious for mine to bloom!

Last night I went looking at all the henryanum on the web, at least all the dealers that I know of. I don't want one with the recurved dorsal as I have a gratrixianum and a spicerianum both of which have the recurved dorsal, besides I think the flat dorsal shows off the spots better. I didn't really find any that I was ecstatic about. Yours is a nice one :clap: so I'll ask where you got it.

It came from The Little Greenhouse. I just happened in one day before Christmas when it was in bloom. I had been wanting a henryanum, as had my husband, but also didn't want the recurved dorsal. I think Tom was surprised I bought it, because it wasn't award quality. I told him, true, maybe not, but it's not at all a bad flower! The shape is pretty good and fairly flat,and who can resist that adorable bubble-gum pink pouch?

It came from The Little Greenhouse. I just happened in one day before Christmas when it was in bloom. I had been wanting a henryanum, as had my husband, but also didn't want the recurved dorsal. I think Tom was surprised I bought it, because it wasn't award quality. I told him, true, maybe not, but it's not at all a bad flower! The shape is pretty good and fairly flat,and who can resist that adorable bubble-gum pink pouch?

Why could it not be awarded? may I ask.
The color is saturated, the bloom looks flat, the petals are not extremely wavy like most.

The flower is not as large and the dorsal not as round as the more recent awards. :) Even so, I still like it. It's one I need to take the time to do a drawing of. It's one of my favorite paph. species, and I was thrilled to find this little guy. I can't wait until it's bigger and covered with lots of blooms! :D

Latest posts

Back