Paph hennisianum fma christiansenii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
........Hope you don't mind for sharing another albino species that has flowered a few weeks ago.

Another lovely green/white beauty. 👌 Of course you are welcome to share with us as much albino forms as possible. Seems you've been growing plenty of them.....maybe the whole collection consists of these album/albino forms ? They seem all well grown though they can be sometimes way tricky.

Nice, indeed!

To my great chagrin, I've never succeeded in keeping alive, long enough to flower, my plants of this finicky colour form, that was named after my friend and mentor in all things orchiadic, Hans Christiansen, in whose nursery the first clone of the form was found. If I'm not completely mistanken the colour form was on basis of that clone described by Olaf Gruß (or was it some other German botanist?).

"...that was named after my friend and mentor in all things orchiadic, Hans Christiansen, in whose nursery the first clone of the form was found. If I'm not completely mistaken the colour form was on basis of that clone described by Olaf Gruß..."

wonderful additional background information! Thanks for sharing the story !

That’s what my awarded bullenianum had too. Extra tissue resembling antennas lol.
It's actually the same with me...I, too, have a bit of extra tissue...an extra little brown spot (Iris-tissue) in the white (Sclera) of my eye... and a little extra (mikro)nipple a bit under my real left nipple.

Glad, I didn't live in the Middleage, as this latter occurence was considered proof of being a witch/sorcerer in conspiracy with the Devil...legends have it, that the Devil in the form of a cat could be fed by sucking from this extra, third nipple. A bit uncanny to think of that several hundred years ago such a tiny, random, genetic variation would have landed me at the stake, ready to be burned alive! 😱

It's actually the same with me...I, too, have a bit of extra tissue...an extra little brown spot (Iris-tissue) in the white (Sclera) of my eye... and a little extra (mikro)nipple a bit under my real left nipple.

Glad, I didn't live in the Middleage, as this latter occurence was considered proof of being a witch/sorcerer in conspiracy with the Devil...legends have it, that the Devil in the form of a cat could be fed by sucking from this extra, third nipple. A bit uncanny to think of that several hundred years ago such a tiny, random, genetic variation would have landed me at the stake, ready to be burned alive! 😱
Oh my gosh, a staked Dane!

Nice, indeed!

To my great chagrin, I've never succeeded in keeping alive, long enough to flower, my plants of this finicky colour form, that was named after my friend and mentor in all things orchiadic, Hans Christiansen, in whose nursery the first clone of the form was found. If I'm not completely mistanken the colour form was on basis of that clone described by Olaf Gruß (or was it some other German botanist?).
Guldal, if you are such a good friend of Hans Christiansen and he is your "mentor " do you then know the story about this species/type...I have known him since 1972 so I do, just was curious 😇

I relayed the story, as I know it, some time ago, but will for the benifice of Stephen (Ozpah) quote it here:
As far as I'm aware, Mr. Christiansen found [ the first clone - ever - of this colourform] blooming among a bunch of ordinary hennisianums, that he had raised from seedlings. To determine what it exactly was, he showed it to a couple of visiting german botanists (maybe Olaf Gruß was one of them, but of that I ain't certain?), who found it pretty interesting - afterwards they had a gene analysis made, that ascertained that it, indeed, was P. hennisianum, albeit an albinistic form.
And appropriately named it after Hans Christiansen.

Guldal, if you are such a good friend of Hans Christiansen and he is your "mentor " do you then know the story about this species/type...I have known him since 1972 so I do, just was curious 😇
What is this? A silly mind game? Wouldn't it just be easier, if you ask Hans next time you see him, whether he knows a Jens from SOK and into Paphs, recently also Cattleyas? Hans and Heurlin by the way both are also acquainted with my teenageson, Aksel.

Last edited:
I relayed the story, as I know it, some time ago, but will for the benifice of Stephen (Ozpah) quote it here:
And appropriately named it after Hans Christiansen.

What is this? A silly mind game? Wouldn't it just be easier, if you ask Hans next time you see him, whether he knows a Jens from SOK and into Paphs, recently also Cattleyas? Hans and Heurlin by the way both are also acquainted with my teenageson, Aksel.
Oups...It wasn' t to start a fight Guldal, I just asked a simple question but if you know Hans so well, I guess you are familiar with the story of christiansenii which so correctly are told above by Ozpaph, it was certainly not to step on someones toes and certainly not yours, sorry😇 I have several times tried to contact you on your profile on Facebook but no reply, sadly, I am just an old Orchids connoisseur who are trying to be friends with all and get knowledge as much as I can😇 We are all friends here, aren' t we? 🙂👌

Oups...It wasn' t to start a fight Guldal, I just asked a simple question but if you know Hans so well, I guess you are familiar with the story of christiansenii which so correctly are told above by Ozpaph, it was certainly not to step on someones toes and certainly not yours, sorry😇 I have several times tried to contact you on your profile on Facebook but no reply, sadly, I am just an old Orchids connoisseur who are trying to be friends with all and get knowledge as much as I can😇 We are all friends here, aren' t we? 🙂👌
Sorry, if I was a bit testy! It's always easy to misunderstand each other in writing! No harm done! 🤗 I have a Facebook profile, but (almost) never uses it - not much before, but certainly even less after the whole Cambridge Analytical affair!
PS. It actually was me who told the story - just quoted another post of mine in answer to Ozpah's request! 😁

Sorry, if I was a bit testy! It's always easy to misunderstand each other in writing! No harm done! 🤗 I have a Facebook profile, but (almost) never uses it - not much before, but certainly even less after the whole Cambridge Analytical affair!
PS. It actually was me who told the story - just quoted another post of mine in answer to Ozpah's request! 😁
Thanks Guldal, I hate to be on unfriendly terms with anyone 🙂 and if you should be at your facebook profile sometime, please write to me, we both live on a small country so maybe we see each other sometime, my real name/facebook name is Ole Hamilton Poulsen, I have also my artpages on Facebook, one of them with Orchids 😁thanks for reply, see you🙂

Thank you to Jens and Ole for bringing back the peace in my tread and putting it back on topic of commenting on the pictures. Lets close the above for further updates. I really always really appreciate both your great contributions.

Thank you to Jens and Ole for bringing back the peace in my tread and putting it back on topic of commenting on the pictures. Lets close the above for further updates. I really always really appreciate both your great contributions.
Always DirGo, Orchid growing should be fun and pleasure, not about fighting on this and that, there is bad stuff enough around the world, our mutual passion about the Orchids should be about fun and peace, I apologise if what I wrote was misunderstood, I sometimes do no formulate my words correctly

Back