Paph hennisianum fma christiansenii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

DirGo

having a soft spot for albino slipper species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome on slippertalk and for all nice comments to my first posts.
Hope you don't mind for sharing another albino species that has flowered a few weeks ago.

slipperorchid02.jpg

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
........Hope you don't mind for sharing another albino species that has flowered a few weeks ago.
Another lovely green/white beauty. 👌 Of course you are welcome to share with us as much albino forms as possible. Seems you've been growing plenty of them.....maybe the whole collection consists of these album/albino forms ? They seem all well grown though they can be sometimes way tricky.

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Nice, indeed!

To my great chagrin, I've never succeeded in keeping alive, long enough to flower, my plants of this finicky colour form, that was named after my friend and mentor in all things orchiadic, Hans Christiansen, in whose nursery the first clone of the form was found. If I'm not completely mistanken the colour form was on basis of that clone described by Olaf Gruß (or was it some other German botanist?).

DirGo

having a soft spot for albino slipper species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
"...that was named after my friend and mentor in all things orchiadic, Hans Christiansen, in whose nursery the first clone of the form was found. If I'm not completely mistaken the colour form was on basis of that clone described by Olaf Gruß..."
wonderful additional background information! Thanks for sharing the story !