Paph Hell’s Emerald

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting a complex, they are not posted enough on here! Great substance and glossy texture! If it’s any consolation, I’m having a terrible year for complexes even up here in the chilly north…

Thanks for posting a complex, they are not posted enough on here! Great substance and glossy texture! If it’s any consolation, I’m having a terrible year for complexes even up here in the chilly north…
I agree NEslipper, Bulldogs command attention. Someone that has no idea what they are will comment “What is that”? Good job Micheal Bonda.

I think it’s more yellow to my eyes than green (certainly not green like the foliage or green like some phrags) but I have been told I am a tad color blind
More Green than yellow. The yellowish parts are heavily laced with green. Definitely lime green

I rarely can get bulldog complex to grow and bloom for me in Florida.
This 7 mature growth plant had 3 blooms developing since December but 2 blasted. Finally one flower opened.
Dreaming Emerald Green Ripples x Hellyer ‘Graciously Green’ is the labeled tag:
View attachment 33201
I wonder why bulldog types are challenging to bloom in FL?

Bulldogs were my first paphs here in Florida but could not get the plants to live. Have never been sure if it was me or the plants. Now I have Jeff Young lights in a curio with humidity and doing much better with paphs and phrags. Would bulldogs do better now? Paphs and phrags have become my favorite orchids so trying to figure the right ones to buy for gulf coast Florida.

Latest posts

Back