Paph. helenae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

Reaction score
Here is my first helenae to bloom. I have another in low bud. Color isn't as good as others I've seen, but my plant room has been very warm lately.

Paphhelenae1.jpg

Paphhelenaefirst3.jpg

Paphhelenaefirst2.jpg

I guess it really is helenae season!

Kyle

I'll take it! and you have a second one in bud? Will look forward to the next pic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came from a flask I got from Taiwan. I have lots more if any canadians are interested.

I just noticed the spike on the second one this weekend, should be another month to bloom. I hope that one opens flatter then this one.

Doesn't look like the flower is going to last very long, it looked like it starting to close last night.

Kyle

Mine came from a flask I got from Taiwan. I have lots more if any canadians are interested.

I just noticed the spike on the second one this weekend, should be another month to bloom. I hope that one opens flatter then this one.

Doesn't look like the flower is going to last very long, it looked like it starting to close last night.

Kyle

Hey Kyle, I'm interested in buying or swapping my helenae (also from taiwan) with yours :p A bit odd that the flower on yours is already fading, it seems to have good substance judging from the pic! My helenae was in bloom for almost 8 weeks in December, next to the tv where it's quite warm and dry. I think they definitely should last longer than parvis

I looked again a couple of hours ago, and it doesn't look as much like its fading, but it doesn't look as open as it was for the picture. Its only been open for a week, tops.

I am interested in trading, do you know the parents of your cross? I'll look up my parents and post tonight.

Kyle

I am interested in trading, do you know the parents of your cross? I'll look up my parents and post tonight.

Kyle

Mine doesn't have the parents' names. :( I'm interested in your Hanne Popow too~ :rollhappy: The one you brought me in May (in Vancouver) isn't looking too hot. I don't mind getting another one.. :D

Latest posts

Back