Paph. helenae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_5054.JPG IMG_5056.JPG
This is mostly a test. I got this plant from Pipingrock a couple of years ago at the TAOA show in Toronto. It was a mature plant that had already flowered before. The tape measures there because I sent tis picture to some friends and family who aren't familiar with the size of these plants. Don:rolleyes:

I'm not very good at the short forms, but whatever DIMPed is I'm sure it has happened to me, probably more than once.
Ooooops, sorry , bad habit. Died In My Possession! LOL, I’ve been growing orchids and other tropicals ever since my retirement in 2000 and along the way was introduced to the ‘short form’ by another forum member! I’ve been slowly cutting back on this maddenly addictive plant habit. Trying to now purchase only miniature type plants that will be easier for me to culture.

very nice and balance flower, some helenae have the tendency to have a slight twist of one petal to the front and the other petal to the back, thus ruin the symmetry. Another thought, helenae seems to be more willing to flower than tranlienianum, I've never been able to make one tranlienianum rebloom

View attachment 17336 View attachment 17337
This is mostly a test. I got this plant from Pipingrock a couple of years ago at the TAOA show in Toronto. It was a mature plant that had already flowered before. The tape measures there because I sent tis picture to some friends and family who aren't familiar with the size of these plants. Don:rolleyes:
I think this is a really good one. Life that white halo.

View attachment 17336 View attachment 17337

hey of what is this “mostly a test?” Just curious. Love your helenae.

Keep P. helenae dry and very cool in winter and it will stay healthy.

Back