Paph helenae x primulinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's wonky, but this was its first bloom, we'll see what happens when the next bud opens in a week or so. I think it's cute, it's so teeny.

Helxprim001.jpg

Yeah, that's it! I would like to see hybrids with the species in the polyantha-section!

I don't think it's wonky either. It terrific - nice size flower considering the size of the plant! I like it!

Does it look like it will be a sequential bloomer like the primulinum?

I thought, being that helenae is illegal in this country, it's hybrids were also???:confused:

Does it look like it will be a sequential bloomer like the primulinum?

I thought, being that helenae is illegal in this country, it's hybrids were also???:confused:

Yes, it look sequential like the primulinum. I thought that the hybrids were illegal also, I know that Antec has them... I was outbid on a flask a few months back on ebay :mad:. If someone a little more acknowledge on the subject could weigh in, I'd be interested also.

The grower that I got this from sells through a local nursery, which is where I picked it up, I know that she gets all of her plants through reputable sources, but I don't know where this one came from beyond her. Interestingly, there seem to be a number of them surfacing.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4561

Antec did have some plants of helenae hybrids...Bob posted, I believe here, but it was so long ago that I'm not sure...that he wanted to avoid the hassles he got with vietnamense, so he never publicized the helenae progeny. That said, unless this is an Antec cross, the legality could be questionable...not that I care or really think its a big deal at this point, but it is something to be considered (for those of us in the US) who come across these kind of plants....Take care, Eric

Antec did have some plants of helenae hybrids...Bob posted, I believe here, but it was so long ago that I'm not sure...that he wanted to avoid the hassles he got with vietnamense, so he never publicized the helenae progeny. That said, unless this is an Antec cross, the legality could be questionable...not that I care or really think its a big deal at this point, but it is something to be considered (for those of us in the US) who come across these kind of plants....Take care, Eric

Just to clarify what I meant, Antec posted a flask of the species not the hybrids. The whole situation confounds me, everyone and their mom has Ho Chi Minh and probably everyone says that they can trace it back to Antec plant. Argh, I wonder if all of this propagation, legality craziness is ever going to work itself out. :sob:

Latest posts

Back