Paph helenae 'Laci's Birthday' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
With no new flowers to post, I do have this update. Previously posted as the clone "Lemon Drop' I changed it yesterday when it was awarded an AM on Laci's birthday.

In door shots..not my best.
PaphhelenaeLacisBirthdayreg_paper1_zps1241a12d.jpg

Backlite.
PaphhelenaeLacisBirthdaybacklite1_zps66aead94.jpg

Flash
PaphhelenaeLacisBirthdayflash1_zps174d007b.jpg

Super nice! Congratulations to you.....and Laci!

What's coming along in the seed capsule?

John,
That's a F2 cross between Rick( Tenn.) Lockwood's helenae and mine from 12 mos ago. I plan on cutting this week and sending it off.

Rick, Surely we'll get plants from this cross don't you think?
P.S. the green stuff growing behind the plant is a fern, just in case someone was wondering.

Last edited:
Apparently, there are 6 helenaes awarded starting (If I remember) in 07, all smaller then this one. All had uniquely different shapes and colors. The judges where struggling with the "teddy bear hug" petals until they looked into all the award PICs to see it was a normal presentation. Interestingly enough, none of the award descriptions talked about presentation to any extent. The judges made sure this time all aspects were included in their description.

Congratulations on a high award and a very charming flower! Do let us know when/if you have flasks to sell from the mating! I would be interested for sure.

Latest posts

Back