Paph haynaldianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Rick! Can't wait to see mine bloom now. This was from a flask of haynaldianum 'High Color' x 'Ron'. You bloomed the first from the flask!

Very nice. I've just got a near flowering size one and can't wait to see it flower. If you don't mind me asking, what size basket / mesh pot is it growing in and what's the medium?

Thanks guys and geez Justin I feel special now!
Edward, that is a 5 inch net pot filled with 90% NZ moss. There may be some Orchiata in there somewhere. Its kept damp to wet all the time. Native moss has colonized the top and some on the sides of the pot.
If you try this setup, I suggest you keep the base of the plant just above the NZ moss. The roots will grow down into the moss. I had allot of rot problems with this species in bark/ plastic pots.

Updated photo:
The 2nd flower still not open but I drawing down on our show time, better post now in case I trash the spike
20190401-145630.jpg

My former comment was incomprehensible rubish (I made the wrong quote) - but it was well intended. What I meant was: good work - undertaking the task of growing it from seedling to its actual floriferous state!
Kind regards,
Jens

My former comment was incomprehensible rubish (I made the wrong quote) - but it was well intended. What I meant was: good work - undertaking the task of growing it from seedling to its actual floriferous state!
Kind regards,
Jens
Jens,
Many hands involved in raising this plant from seed to bloom. Justin did all the work from a purchased flask to the seedling he graciously traded me. All the work was done by the time I got the plant.

Latest posts

Back