Paph. haynaldianum album capsule

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SlipperFan said:
Does anyone know how many days for the ripening of a Paph. haynaldianum album seed capsule?
Haven't got a clue, but that plant sounds fantastic!

And my string of substanceless replies grows longer!

Slipperfan, are you planning on sowing it green pod? As a general rule, I wait 6 months unless the pods start to yellow before that. For some species, like tigrinum, I wait longer, but from what I've heard, if you sow green, you'll most likely have some success as long as the pod has stopped swellling (I always wait longer anyway).

Hmm, that wasn't especially helpful either.

- Matthew Gore

gore42 said:
Slipperfan, are you planning on sowing it green pod? As a general rule, I wait 6 months unless the pods start to yellow before that. For some species, like tigrinum, I wait longer, but from what I've heard, if you sow green, you'll most likely have some success as long as the pod has stopped swellling (I always wait longer anyway).

Hmm, that wasn't especially helpful either.

- Matthew Gore
Actually it was, Matt. I'll watch it like a hawk... Thanks!

I've never had a multifloral go 6 months. Usually about 4 months, but I've had a few pop at 3 months (most recently some kolopakingii capsules). Should be pretty much the same as lowii which usually split around 4 months, and you may want to greencap as early as 3 months.

Latest posts

Back