Paph Harrisianum @ USBG

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MoreWater

The botanic garden in Washington DC has their annual orchid exhibit right now. Lots of cyms, lots of white "hybrid phalaenopsis"... and actually a good number of complex paphs.

I fell in love with a particular Paph Harrisianum (the first photo), but for some reason I don't care for the others.

Ki - this is 4 different plants? The third picture looks like it doesn't belong, the other 3 look so similar to me that they could all be the same plant. I can certainly see your appeal!

Yes, different plants - at least, different pots. All sitting together on a shelf. The third says "Bull's variety" or something like that - possibly an old clone? Isn't (Harrisianum the oldest paph hybrid?)

Yes, Harrisianum was the first registered Paph hybrid. The 3rd pic should read "Balls Variety" more correctly Harrisianum ' G S Ball '. It looks something like it but not quite right. The others look like the only other Harrisianum to be cultivated, not sure if it was ever given a variety name.

Back