Paph Hanoi Fairy

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayeL

Reaction score
Hi All

So exited by this plant flowering in my shade house.

I cannot take all the credit as the plants were in spike when received. I have only left this spike to flower as their 6000 mile trip to South Africa suffered some delays. A change in hemisphere is enough stress on the plants ;-)

20220202_060119.jpg
Pollen is now collected and ready to be used to create the next gen.

All the best

JL

It's interesting to compare this one to the flower on the cover of the AOS bulletin (Oct 21).

That shape of that one is more dominated by fairrieanum, my one is more like rungsuryanum and has a lot of recurving of the petals and dorsal sepal. I however note that I took the picture when it was only open for a day, it may flatten out over time.

In terms of colour, mine seems to be more pink (with a tinge of green) than then the ink-plum colour on the cover of the bulletin.

Both come from Mike Tibbs (Exotic Plant Company) and I understand that they are sib plants.

I'm keen to see what the others will look like when they spike again. They all seem to be vigorous growers with each plant having 3 established side shoots developing off the main growth.

Kind regards

JL

Latest posts

Back