Paph. hangianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful flower, and 4 starter growths for bonus too.
I am curious that the veins are so prominent, was it from not enough watering ? or was it from being just opened ?

I’m not sure Hien…flower veins? Leaf veins?
We are coming out of winter in a greenhouse. Everything is watered less.
I mean the veins in the flower, what you said make sense, perhaps lacking of water produce a less thick petals ? anyway, the fragrant is stronger in the morning to around noon if you want to detect it.

Flower has just opened…Colors are a bit bleached because of indoor lighting. Cold and cloudy outside. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunshine, I will try to get more pics. A large flower in comparison to the plant!View attachment 33479View attachment 33480
It’s absolutely beautiful. You really help me; seeing this bloom, I think mine is one year away (or so) based on size.

wow , the flower in the sunlight is truly beautiful , what is the dimension?
the shape of the dorsal seems to indicate that it was bred with parents chosen for large size hangianum

Here’s some measurements Leslie…
36-24-36! Oops wrong one.
NS. 13.5 cm.
Petals 7 cm. L cm. 5 W
Dorsal 6.5 cm L 5 cw W
Synsepal 6.5cm L 5cm W
Pouch 3.3 cm W 4.5 cm L
Plant 28.5 cm. W
Max Leaf size 15 cm. L 3.5 cm.W
This plant was selfed. ‘Magic Red x self’
I just realized your comparisons were in the same order as for Mammoth's lol.

As it's a first bloom, you might get bigger than Mammoth in the following years. And leaves may get bigger too.

I just realized your comparisons were in the same order as for Mammoth's lol.

As it's a first bloom, you might get bigger than Mammoth in the following years. And leaves may get bigger too.
There are very few hangianum’s on ST. For comparison and culture! I used ‘Mammoth’ measurements for comparison.
I agree with you though, as a first bloom seedling, this one isn’t doing bad.

Latest posts

Back