Paph. hangianum 'Wellington's Forest View' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lori.b

Reaction score
This is a wee bit like waiting for Santa to arrive! Two years ago (Sept. 14/19) when this plant was awarded a judge told me to take lots of pictures because it would probably be five years before I see it bloom again. But I'm now feeling cautiously optimistic that I won't have to wait five years after all.......

Attachments

• BFAD98D4-8363-480A-9AB2-7EAE40427E46.jpeg
    BFAD98D4-8363-480A-9AB2-7EAE40427E46.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 42
Looking up!! How long did it take for the last flower to mature?
I can't recall exactly but it did take a very long time. That bud just kept getting fatter and fatter before it finally opened. I remember having to prop it up with a short stake because it couldn't hold itself up it was so large. I'll keep track of it better this time and post updates.

How adorably cute!

How old is the new growth? Does the new growth flower in one year growths?
The new growth is about 22 months old, maybe a bit less. The plant had a good long rest after it flowered two years ago and it hadn't started to show any signs of a new growth when it finished blooming so it kept me in suspense for a while. The new growth was quite slow at first too. I haven't moved the plant from its spot on the shelf during the whole time.

Latest posts

Back